This document created at May 3, 2022, 10:56:42 AM and modified at Oct 4, 2022, 7:28:49 AM.
In this document, you are going to read about our new feature: Reset FRP lock
What is FRP lock?
If a factory reset is performed on an Android device without the owner's authorization, the FRP will pop-up with the message, "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device." Therefore, Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a built-in security feature that was designed by Google for smartphones and tablets running Android 5.1 and later to restrict other people from using your smartphone or tablet if they forcefully perform a factory reset on the device.
Reset FRP Lock (2022)
Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is automatically activated in every Android device during the Google account setup process. Once FRP is enabled in your Android device, and someone wants to reset the device using Backup & Reset feature in the Settings app, then the system would require the device's security PIN to protect the owner's data and files. An FRP locked device may ask you to sign in to an account, which was previously associated with that device. Reset FRP Lock is our newest function to bypass this and works for most of the newer Samsung models. The success of this procedure does not depend on the device’s binary version or software version. Reset FRP Lock function can be accessed from modem/wizzard mode (not download mode).
How to do it?
First of all, you have to connect the device in MODEM/ WIZZARD mode to the Chimera Tool. This method will be available only in that mode. This is important as previously the FRP Reset services could be reached in Download mode. Now it is a bit different:
1. If your phone does have an active Factory Reset Protection, try to do a Factory reset. If you are unable to Factory reset your phone, you need to reflash it.
2. Once the process is finished, the phone will be rebooted and the Setup Wizard will start.
3.Connect your phone to Chimera and select the model number.
4. Start the process by clicking on the Reset FRP Lock method.
5. During the process the method will stop once because the Reset FRP Lock will require some user interaction:
6. In the Setup Wizard press the emergency call button.
7. Enter the service code: *#0*#
8. Back to the tool: click on the OK in the Chimera.
9. Back to the phone: In a pop-up window press, "allow USB debugging".
10. The Reset FRP Lock will continue, it will be finished and eventually the phone will be rebooted without the lock.
If your device is not able to connect to ChimeraTool you have to restart the phone, if that does not work, reflash it.
Martview is not our official forum but it can bring help to all our customers, since the questions asked are answered by professionally relevant users and administrators there.Open forum
This is our official English-language forum. We recommend it for all of our users, because many problems and errors have been described and answered here over the years.Open forum